Solving DC Problems, a project of DC Appleseed, is offering real prize money ($5000 for first) for the best ideas to solve problems in DC. Entries are due by May 5th so if you have a million dollar idea, well you should keep that to yourself, but if you a five thousand dollar idea, enter it. If your idea involves hitting box blockers with eggs, it's taken. Several ideas involve cycling which I've listed here, some go too far and others are just crazy (though I do like the idea of High School Cycling teams).
1. Funding bike lanes and racks with red light cameras
2. Transform DC's car culture with bikes
3. Zipbike and again and bike trailers- readers of this site know it's already being worked on
4. Rush Hour Bike License for metro - I don't understand what the license is for, just let bikes on
5. More policing of cyclist - though they want to "get rid of people" I don't think they actually want to deport them
6. Bike thoroughfares and again
7. Bikechecks - my favorite of the bike ideas
8. Highline walkway/bikeway - would be great, if DC had abandoned highlines (NYC broke ground on theirs - pictured - April 10th BTW).
9. Bike Routes - I'm going to disagree with this one, biking in DC is fun.
There are a lot of other good ideas, and, IMO, some terrible ones (parking garage under the mall or a highway under rock creek). If nothing else it gives one a good idea of what their neighbors think is a good idea.